Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Make it Monday Turned to Tuesday...

I have been playing around with making my own stamps so that my designs can be my own.

I have started with leaves from my back yard. Scanned them, traced them, then put them onto fun foam...
I then scratched the design in with a needle.

I learned this in Alisa Burke's  -  Beneath the Surface class. http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/

What a lot of information! It was amazing!!!

This was the result of my experiment...


The three leaves in the centre were done with my new leaf stamp and acrylic paints Then I did some stitching on the stamped leaves. The branch is an applique and then couched sari silk on top.
I attached two leaves that I stitched veins on the  leaves to match the stamped leaves. Then I put wonky boarders with some of my favorite scraps...
This was a finish on Sat. so this is what I made last week....
I can't wait to try more of Alisa techniques.
Jo

No comments: