Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Inspiration!

Finally some time to play in the sewing lair. A whole afternoon to play!

I had made a table runner - a spiral table runner seen here http://thesewinggeek.blogspot.ca/2012/06/been-busy-with-lots-family-all-home-for.html

I had a bunch of leftovers and I hate to see waste so I assembled them. The colours are some of my favorites. I was excited to use them and going through my stuff I found other things to add.
The following pictures shows the process.
Now is the piece finished or do I add some more beading.
The piece will be called Harmony. Not because the lines match up because they don't. But because this is the way I would like to see the world. All different pieces coming together in a Harmonious pattern.








Comments are welcome!



March 8, 2013

Update: After making this piece and adding a bunch of embellishments I entered it into the BFA guild show last fall. It was not juried in. I was not there for the Jurors comments.
I ended up taking all the embellishments off. And just placed on yoyo with dangling beads on it. I liked the result much better.

I  entered two pieces into the BFA's latest show at the Greenwood Gallery in Guelph on until May 2013 and this piece was accepted. I can't wait to see it hanging the next time I go to Guelph.


2 comments:

elle said...

How creative! It is certainly harmonious.

Jo Vandermey said...

Thanks Elle
Almost done it.
Just need to put a backing on it and see if I need to tweek it a bit.
It is for a showing at the Burlington Arts Centre by the Fiber Arts Group.
I will see if it gets juried in.