Friday, February 8, 2013

What is the weather where you are???

It is a snowy blustery day... in Southern Ontario. Outside the predicted storm has blown in sometime during 10:30 pm Thursday and 6 am this morning when I awoke. Guys got off to work. And I get to stay home with Moe. We have about 8 to  10 inches already in the Niagara Region of Ontario. And it is still snowing.

When the kids were small we would be out shoveling and tobogganing down the local hills.

So now you would think I can stay inside and have it nice and cozy! But no... my new "child" Moe needs to play in the snow. I was like Papa Bear from the Berenstain Bears and took the easy way. I let Moe out to go to the bathroom and instead of being overwhelmed with the snow, he took the opportunity to visit all the neighborhood.
Going
Going

Gone!

I took no more pictures after this because I had to run into the house to get out of my pj pants and into snow gear. Cell phone and treats in hand I had to run through the neighborhood calling and looking for him.  I called a neighbour to look out for him. He finally came back and I got him to come to me with a treat in hand. 

After a walk on the leash we returned home. Now he is moaning to go back outside. But he is not going to get to go out unless he is on his 5' leash! 

So what is your weather like today? 







4 comments:

elle said...

oh boy. I just yelled at my Manni who was waltzing back from down the road. We never had neighbours and he thought the bush across the road was his. Can you teach an old dog new 'tricks'? ;^) No Nemo over here. It is looking good and maybe a tad warmer.

Jo Vandermey said...

I am hoping that I can teach this dog to come to call. Otherwise I will never get him inside when it is snowing and I will lose him at the cottage! lol

Normally we can have cars whizzing by our house at times but today with a foot of snow if there are any cars they are not moving to quickly!

Glad to hear it is a bit warmer there. It is not cold here just snowy.

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

: ) Hi! We've had the coldest, coldest, longest winter ever. Today we woke up to the thickest fog. It broke by mid morning and now the sky is blue, the sun is shining, and it's COLD. : )

~Monika in Saskatoon

Kit Lang said...

I'm in Southern Ontario too (Toronto) but I guess we're getting more snow than you are - and it's been snowing here for 24 hours now. Supposed to be 6 degrees and rain on Monday though, so I guess it's all going away...