Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I have had a very productive week.




I played more with Lutradur





Rubbings with Shiva paint sticks and rubbing plates.

Stencils with Shiva paint sticks.


Finished my piece # 2 of Rebecca for the BFA group entry. 



 And finished two quillows for my great nieces.




Made a table runner for a present for a wedding shower. This is a pattern by Sara Lister of Lady Bug Designs at U Quilt It. . It makes up very quickly and is very pretty with the prairie points in the centre.


And this is only Wednesday! 
Although all these projects have been in the works for awhile so it is not like I did all the work this week. 

Tomorrow I am going to a workshop at my quilt guild in Smithville. And a nice lunch out with my mom. A nice treat out. 

I am linking up with needleandthreadnetwork

Have a great week. 

Jo










10 comments:

elle said...

Jo! You are doing lots. That is great. Hmm, I need to try rubbing those paint sticks again. Your skinny section looks great!

Margaret said...

Wonderful work. I am curious about what you did with the Lutradur, as it looks like something made of metal! Hope you've had a great day at your workshop and lunch with your mother. Enjoy those times...

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Love your heaxagonal staple topper.

Susan J Barker said...

Whew! Looks like a very creative week -- and how did you make that first leaf look so metallic?

Regina said...

Very creative!

Jo Vandermey said...

The lutradur that looks like it is done in metal is done with Shiva's metallic paint sticks. They are a bit messy and I don''t like the smell. They also take quite awhile to dry especially if you apply them heavily but they are great for accents. Fun to try though.

Jo Vandermey said...

Thank you! The design was from a friend of mine who has a shop just outside of Smithville, Ontario. I think I will be making a lot of these for gifts.

Jo Vandermey said...

The first leaf is the rubbing plate with the Shiva Metallic paint sticks residue on. But the paint stick will give that effect on anything especially dark fabric. They also will give great accents to ceramic pieces. I have tried it on some tiles I received from a friend. Thanks for stopping by.

Jo Vandermey said...

Thank you. People often have not understood over the years how I have time to "make" things. For me I get grumpy if I don't!lol

Jo Vandermey said...

Make sure you do it on a day where you can open a window! I really hate the smell!