Saturday, January 11, 2014

Opportunities...

So I have my room cleaned up...
My scraps put away...

On to 2014.

Opportunity is part being in the right place at the right time and offering something.

I find that in order for me to grow I need to jump into a project. So I put myself out there and I am now going to be "Guest Artist" on the ....and then they set it on fire blog .http://andthenwesetitonfire.blogspot.ca This is one of my favorite blogs!

So in May I will along with a few friends will play and present Lutradur...

 I played with this topic last spring for when I presented a workshop for my Burlington Fiber Arts group.... (miss you ladies already) .

I am taking a break from some groups this year because of this and some other commitments.

One  of the other commitments is the 2nd Fiber Content show. This will be held in September at the Burlington Arts Centre and we will be looking for calls of entry to this show. I am helping with media - getting the show out there and promoted.

I also plan as a personal goal to create at least two pieces to enter into this show. The goal is to enter, to try, to grow.

These things alone are going to make a great year.

Things will be a learning curve. Blogging... writing more, testing, putting my self out there. Balance that with my family and my energy levels with the fibromyalgia.

If you don't follow the blog above please join in... it will be a great year!

Jo

2 comments:

elle said...

I'm going to hold you to all your great plans, Jo! ;) You are so right about just putting yourself out there and doing it. It is gonna be a fantastic year!

Unknown said...

Hi there Jo, great inspiration on the way to focus and do things that inspire you. I just gave a talk at the BAC about finding your artistic voice and taking your fibre art to a whole new level... part of that is taking your art seriously, carving out time to work on art, persistence and practice, practice, practice, and working in a series. Hope you have a great year! Sandy