Friday, May 1, 2015

Red and White and Black all over with grey added in .....

I have been working on several projects.

Last year I went to a Guild workshop. I had just joined the Grimsbys Quilt Guild and wanted to meet some of the people.

I had a great time. It was suppose to be a jelly roll race using a technique  and it can be seen on the Jenny Doan Missouri Quilt Co 's You Tube Channel. Missouri Quilt Co

It was a patten based on Jenny's  Pinwheels Technique and changed up by 3 Dudes Quilting from Phoenix Arizona.3 Dudes Quilting  She called the pattern the "Amazing Jelly Roll Pattern."

It is quite easy to do once you get the hang of it. I did my blocks in Red, White and Black.
Definitely not my pallet.  My did not turn out planned and were all randomly stripped.  I was talking to much to follow to much of a plan .

But the colours are growing on me...


However I did make the blocks and finish them. I now have roughly 50 blocks to turn into a quilt.

On there own I find them too busy so I bought some grey in two tones to break up the visual chaos.

I might try to insert the neutrals using a idea from the book Quilting a Circle of Nine by Janet Houts & Jean Ann Wrights book . http://landauerpub.com/Quilting-a-Circle-of-Nine.html




I am not sure how I will tackle it next. But it is on my to do list to finish this Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt.


It will be fun to play

Jo

Check out my Fibre Art Small Group at Fabrigos

No comments: