Friday, April 29, 2016

Thoughts...

This post is going to be thoughts... not really a post on how to but a reflection on some things I am learning from others.
.
I love reading blogs. I learn alot from them. From time to time I want to spot light some of those who I get a lot of thoughts from.

A disclosure is needed before I do this that I am only going to focus on positive thoughts and reflections. Negative rants - of which I have been subject to or have given have served no purpose accept to put me in a downward spiral. So the old saying "If you don't have anything nice to say - don't say it" will apply. This is going to be hard work. Think of how many negative comments flow through your brain?

Elizabeth Barton
I have never met Elizabeth Barton. I have her books


and

She teaches on line at the Academy of Quilting

And has a masterclass sign up each year which you can access on her blog via the link on her name above.

She doesn't know me at all. I am just one of the people who have signed up for her blog.

Her writing is engaging and thoughtful. She encourages people to respond to her posts and replies to their comments.

Her insights are worth a read. April 28th's post talks about adding some spice to your work like you would a recipe or dish you would make.

What I have learned from this blog is in a nut shell. Do the work, invest in learning, learn to critique your work - she has suggested  how to critique section in the end of her book. (Can't remember which  one.)

Check out her blog.

Do you have her books? What do you think of them?

Jo 

No comments: