Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Organizing Paper Part 2

Organizing the chaos took longer than I thought... Doesn't it always!
Years of collecting interesting articles and printing them out. I have always grouped them in a clear page protector but had no way to find where was where.
Recently I did a bullet journaling workshop at our local library so I took an idea from the class and created a simple index listing the articles I have. No order just a number on the page protector and a corresponding number on a Index I created in an excel spread sheet. 


The excel spreadsheet. Simple only two columns. 

I popped the index in the front of the binder and added a label on my binder spine. My daughter suggested to put another copy in a "Listings" binder I have already containing books I own and
DVD's

I did not empty to many binders in the end... only two but I do have a system set up and no extra papers left over to file or search for.


It may seem like a waste of a couple afternoons but now I will be able to find what I want when I want it. I also found a whole bunch of pictures I had printed on fabric, inspirational pictures and notes on things I had made.

Tomorrow I hope to get back to sewing on my latest fibre project.

The Fabrigos have given ourselves a challenge to make a project based on a specific topic each quarter. I have until Monday to get it done.

So my WIP this week involves more paper than fabric but it does feel good to have a whole pile of stuff having a home!.
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/

Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network!

Feeling good about a getting rid of paper!

Jo

No comments: